Specialty groups – Adults
• To offer adults the opportunity to learn to swim
in a friendly safe environment.
• Allow them to develop skills at their own rate.
• To feel relaxed in the water.
• Basic freestyle, backstroke, breaststroke, within
the swimmers limitations.
• General and personal water safety.
Within the class there will be a considerable variation in
the amount of confidence displayed by the swimmer.
The instructor must be aware of:
• The swimmers goals;
• Individual progress. Each swimmer needs to progress
at their own rate;
• Class or group pressure to perform must be nullified;
• Individual attention. All swimmers will expect to be given
• All adults must feel a sense of achievement; and
• Positive encouragement and positive feedback is needed.