Heather Klieve is the author of a comprehensive Learn to swim manual From the pools Edge involved in the aquatic Industry for 30 years as a swimming instructor to National swim coach.
Heather also has a wealth of experience within the field of Swim Coaching and a sample of her experience and qualifications are as follows:
- Life member of Blue lake Y Swim Club which she established and was Head Coach from1979 to 2006.
- Life member of Swimming SA
- Received an award of merit from Swimming SA for outstanding contribution to swimming
- Holds national silver swim coaches accreditation.
- Level 2 Australian swimming performance coach.
- SAPSASA coach for school sport Australia’s swimming exchange 2001 – 2005.
- Manager/coach of development camp for top SA female swimmers at the Australian Institute of Sport.
- Assistant coach for the South Australian SAPSASA and SASSSA teams for Pacific School Games Sydney 2000 and coach 2005.
- Coached wheelchair athletes for Australian National Wheel Chair Games.
- Member of Australian coaching accreditation committee to formulate criteria for Australian coaching levels.
- SA Coaches Association lecturer.
- Tutor coach and proficiency examiner for Swimming SA.
- Presenter & Lecturer for Swim Australia Swim Teacher courses.
- Received Wendy Ey Memorial scholarship for female coaches.
- Certificate IV in Assessment and Workplace Training.
- Aquatic director in charge of all aquatic programs for 8 years within the YMCA organisation.
- Established and has run her own swim school for the past 11 years.
- Established a programme for children with special needs within her own swim school in consultation with a variety of professionals involved in the children’s overall care.
- Instructor in charge of DECS learn to swim.
- Holds an Austswim presenters certificate and lectures to trainee instructors.
- Served on the board of Swimming SA for 2 years.
- Member of Education Department consultative committee for 4 years to assist in the conducting of South Australian Education Department swim programme.
From the Pool’s Edge
Heather is now providing private swim coaching specializing in Personalized Swim Training (available for all levels of ability and ages)
Learn to swim