- To continue to build the swimmers endurance and refine technique in freestyle, backstroke, breaststroke and lifesaving backstroke.
- Introduce butterfly.
- Introduce basic freestyle tumble turn.
- Freestyle and backstroke kicking drills 100 metres (continuous of both strokes).
- Freestyle and backstroke without fins 100 metres (must show good technique).
- Breaststroke 50 metres (well co-ordinated and performed in a slow controlled manner).
- Butterfly 25 metres (must show good knowledge of skills and master the basic co-ordination).
- Freestyle tumble turns (must be able to master the basic skill involved).
- Lifesaving backstroke (safety stroke to be performed in a slow relaxed manner).