Aquababe (6 months – 3 years)
This sections covers the progressive stages of the swim school programme. The levels have both common elements and areas that are specific to certain levels.
The contents of these sections are outlined on the following pages
- The teaching strategies that are utilized with babies from 6 months to 3 years.
- The specific needs of these age groups.
- The aims of this stage of progression.
- Approach to class management.
- Instructor qualities.
- The importance of the environment.
- Lesson planning.
- Suggestions for an effective communication with parent/carer.
- The skills are introduced at this level and the teaching strategies related to the development of these specific skills.
- Suggested resources and further reading